Zulu is a competition about automata learning from membership queries.
Participants had to improve our baseline algorithm
in order to learn larger automata with less queries to the server.
Results of the competition are now available.
The first three are:
You can find more details on the competition result page
- 1st June 2010: competition tasks are made available
- 30th June 2010: end of the competition
- 7th July 2010: results are published
- 15th July 2010: deadline for submission of papers to the Zulu workshop at ICGI
- 25th July 2010: notification of acceptance
The actual competition will take place as follows:
- Each participant registers for the competition before the 31st of May on the Zulu website. The participants will be asked to send a copy of their algorithm to the organizers for security reasons.
- Each participant will be given the codes for 18 tasks, 2 for each category (corresponding to 3 sizes of automata and 3 sizes of alphabets).
- Each participant can either run his algorithm on any of the 18 tasks, or on all the tasks. In order to run on all the tasks a small script shall be provided, for Linux users.
- There will be a winner for each category. These winners will be anounced on the website, and will receive a diploma.
- The overall winner receives a 1000€ prize and a diploma at ICGI 2010. The winner is the algorithm with the highest score (information coming soon).
For registered users.
NEW - A PERL interface for Zulu is available here
. In this programme the different ways of interacting with the oracle are used.
Abdullah Alsaeedi made 89.28% on a 38 states DFA with a 25 letters alphabet.
See the hall of fame, by categories
Abdullah Alsaeedi made 86.28% on a 72 states DFA with a 10 letters alphabet.
Rick Smetsers made 81.94% on a 3912 states DFA with a 3 letters alphabet.
Rick Smetsers made 76.22% on a 349 states DFA with a 3 letters alphabet.
Rick Smetsers made 76.89% on a 102 states DFA with a 2 letters alphabet.
RSS feed of recent submissions
Please report any error or suggestion to cdlh [at] univ-nantes.fr or Jean.Christophe.Janodet [at] univ-st-etienne.fr